- Thakur, J.K., Singh, S.K., Ramanathan, A.L., Prasad, M. B. K. and Gossel W., Geospatial Techniques for Managing Environmental Resources, Springer (Germany) and Capital Publication (India).
ASSESSMENT OF REGIONAL CHANGES FOR ENHANCING WATER AVAILABILITY.
Peer reviewed ISI Ranked Journal Articles
- JK Thakur*, K Khanal, K Poudyal (2017) Land cover changes for enhancing water availability in watersheds of Tanahun and Kaski, Nepal, Journal of Water and Climate
- JK Thakur*, K Khanal, K Poudyal (2017) Assessment of Regional Changes for Enhancing Water Availability, Environmental Systems Research
- JK Thakur*, SK Singh, VS Ekanthalu (2017) Integrating remote sensing, geographic information systems and global positioning system techniques with hydrological modeling, Applied Water Science 7 (4), 1595-1608
- JK Thakur*, K Khanal, K Poudyal (2017) LUPWY: land use planner for water yield for environmental change analysis, Modeling Earth Systems and Environment 3 (1), 44
- JK Thakur*, M Neupane, AA Mohanan ( 2017) Water poverty in upper Bagmati River Basin in Nepal, Water Science
- Jay Krishna Thakur*, Sudhir Kumar Singh (2017), Integrating remote sensing, geographic information systems and global positioning system techniques with hydrological modeling, Applied Water Science, pp 1-14
- JK Thakur* (2016) Hydrogeological modeling for improving groundwater monitoring network and strategies, Applied Water Science, 1-18
- Jay Krishna Thakur* (2015) Optimizing Groundwater Monitoring Network using Integrated Statistical and Geostatistical Approaches, Hydrology, 2, 148-175
- Jay Krishna Thakur*, Jasmine Diwakar and Sudhir Kumar Singh (2015) Hydrogeochemical evaluation of groundwater of Bhaktapur Municipality, Nepal, Environmental Earth Sciences (DOI: 10.1007/s12665-015-4514-4)
- Diwakar Paudel, Jay Krishna Thakur, Sudhir Kumar Singh and Srivastava P.K (2015), Soil characterization based on land cover heterogeneity over a tropical landscape: An integrated approach using Earth Observation datasets, Geocarto International Volume 30, Issue 2,
- Subedi, A., J. K. Thakur, et al. (2015). “Participatory conservation and community forest management in Narayani Buffer zone, Chitwan National Park, Nepal.” Bulletin of Environmental and Scientific Research 4(4): 13-21.
- M Neupane, JK Thakur*, A Gautam, A Dhakal, M Pahari (2014) Arsenic aquifer sealing technology in wells: a sustainable mitigation option, Water Air Soil Pollut, 225, 1-15.
- Jay Krishna Thakur*, Prafull Singh, Sudhir Kumar Singh and Bijendra Bhaghel (2013) Geochemical modelling of fluoride concentration in hard rock terrain of Madhya Pradesh, India, Acta Geologica Sinica-English Edition, Volume 87, Issue 5, pages 1421–1433, doi: 10.1111/1755-6724.12139.
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, Prashant K. Srivastava, Manika Gupta, Jay Krishna Thakur, Saumitra Mukherjee (2013), Appraisal of land use/land cover of mangrove forest ecosystem using support vector machine, Volume 71, Issue 5, pp 2245-2255 (DOI: 10.1007/s12665-013-2628-0).
- Ram Avtar*, Pankaj Kumar, C. K. Singh, Netrananda Sahu, R. L. Verma, J. K. Thakur, S. Mukherjee (2013), Hydrogeochemical Assessment of Groundwater Quality of Bundelkhand, India Using Statistical Approach, Water Quality, Exposure and Health, Volume 5, Issue 3, pp 105-115
- P.K. Srivastava, S.K. Singh, J.K. Thakur, M. Gupta, S. Mukherjee (2013) Modelling Impact of Landuse change trajectories on groundwater quality using remote sensing and GIS, Environmental Engineering and Management Journal (12 (12)).
- Diwakar, J., Thakur, J. K.* (2012). Environmental system analysis for river pollution control. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, Volume 223, Number 6, 3207-3218 (10.1007/s11270-012-1102-z).
- Prafull Singh, Jay Krishna Thakur and U.C. Singh (2012), Morphometric analysis of Morar River Basin, Madhya Pradesh, India Using Remote Sensing and GIS Techniques, Environmental Earth Sciences, Volume 68, Issue 7, pp 1967-1977 (DOI: 10.1007/s12665-012-1884-8).
- Singh, P., Thakur, J.K., Kumar, S., 2012. Delineating groundwater prospect zones in a hard rock terrain, using geospatial tools. Hydrological Sciences Journal, volume 58, issue 1, page 213-223.
- Thakur, J. K.*, P.K., S. et al. (2011). Ecological monitoring of wetlands in semi-arid region of Konya closed Basin, Turkey. Regional Environmental Change, 12(1), 133-144.
- Thakur, J. K.*, Ramanathan, A., et al. (2011). “Arsenic Contamination of Ground Water in Nepal – An Overview.” Journal of Water.
- Thakur, J. K., S. Karmacharya, et al. (2015). Water Reuse Products in Urban Area. Urban Water Reuse Handbook in: S. Eslamian, Francis and Taylor, Pages 1065–1079
- Thakur, J. K., Kabo-bah, Amos T. (2015). State Legislation on Water Reuse. Urban Water Reuse Handbook in: S. Eslamian, Francis and Taylor. Pages, 201–206
- Mahesh Neupane, Madan Raj Bhatta, Rubika Shrestha, Jay Krishna Thakur, et al. (2015) GIS Supported Water Use Master Plan: a Planning Tool for Integrated Water Resources Management in Nepal, in: Geospatial Technology for Water Resource Development, Dawei Han, A. S. Raghubanshi, Prashant K Srivastava, Prem C. Pandey and Pavan Kumar (Ed.) CRC press, Taylor and Francis, USA
- Mahesh Neupane, Richard Opoku, Anju Sharma, Rabindra Adhikari, Jay Krishna Thakur, Manoj Kafle (2014), Rural Cold Storage as a Post-Harvest Technology System for Marginalized Agro-Based Communities in Developing Countries, Technologies for Sustainable Development, pp 99-112
- Thakur, J.K., Gossel, W., Weiß, H. and Wycisk, P., 2012. Optimizing long-term groundwater monitoring network using geostatistical methods, IAHS Red book: Models – Repositories of Knowledge (ISBN 978-1-907161-34-6)
- Thakur, J. K., P.K., S., Pratihast, A. K., & Singh, S. K. (2011). Estimation of evapotranspiration from wetlands using geospatial and hydro-meteorological data. In J. K. Thakur, Singh, S.K., Ramanathan, A., Prasad, M.B.K., Gossel, W. (Ed.), Geospatial Techniques for Managing Environmental Resources. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer and Capital Publication.
- Pratihast, A.K., Thakur, J.K., 2011. Urban Tree detection using Mobile laser scanning data, in: Thakur, J.K., Singh, S.K., Ramanathan, A., Prasad, M.B.K., Gossel, W. (Eds.), Geospatial Techniques for Managing Environmental Resources. Springer and Capital Publication, Heidelberg, Germany.
- P.K.Singh, Thakur, J.K., U.C.Singh, 2011. Assessment of land use/land cover using geospatial techniques in a semi arid region of madhya pradesh, India, in: Thakur, J.K., Singh, S.K., Ramanathan, A., Prasad, M.B.K., Gossel, W. (Eds.), Geospatial Techniques for Managing Environmental Resources. Springer and Capital Publication, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Avtar, R.; Thakur, J. K.; Mishra, A. K.; Kumar, P. (2011) Geospatial Technique to Study Forest Cover Using ALOS/PALSAR Data, in: Thakur, J. K., Singh, S.K., Ramanathan, A., Prasad, M.B.K., Gossel, W. (Ed.), Geospatial Techniques for Managing Environmental Resources. Springer and Capital Publication, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Jay Krishna Thakur, Remote sensing of water resources management in wetland, Remote sensing techniques in Earth Sciences to be published by Springer Verlag (In press).
Other Present Publication
- Thakur, J. K. (2013). Methods in groundwater monitoring: strategies based on statistical, geostatistical and hydrogeological modelling and visualization, Martin Luther University, Halle (Saale), Germany, Dr. nat. sc.
- Thakur, J. K. (2010). Eco-hydrological wetland monitoring in a semi-arid region: spatial resolution vs. re-visiting time for monitoring actual ET and vegetation dynamics. Water Resources Management. Enschede, the Netherlands, Faculty of International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), Universiteit Twente. M.Sc.
- Thakur, J. K. (2008). Hydrogeochemical study of Groundwater Aquifer of Kapilvastu District, Lumbini Zone, Nepal. School of Environmental Sciences. New Delhi, India, Jawaharlal Nehru University. M.Sc.
- Thakur, J. K. (2007). Study of Personal Protective Equipment in Petro-Chemical Industries in India and World. Industrial Safety. Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India, Annamalai University. Diploma.
- Thakur, J. K. (2005). Administration and Supervision Practices, Problems and Suitable Solution in Academic Field Gramin Adarsh College. Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, B.Ed.
- Thakur, J. K. (2004). Conservation Practice and Protected areas of Nepal. Department of Environmental Sciences. Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, B.Sc.
|Conference: Proceedings, Presentation and Paper
- Thakur, J. K. (2012), New approaches for groundwater monitoring network optimization – statistical, geostatistical and hydrogeologial models, International Humboldt Kolleg on Management of Water, Energy and Bio-resources in Changing Climate Regime: Emerging Issues and Environmental Challenges, 2013, JNU, New Delhi, India
- Thakur, J.K., Gossel, W., Weiß, H., & Wycisk, P. (2011). Optimizing long term groundwater monitoring network in a complex contaminated site. Paper to be presented at the HIGRADE Conference, 26, March, 2012, UFZ, Leipzig, Germany. Download Presentation.
- Thakur, J. K., Gossel, W., Weiß, H., & Wycisk, P. (2011). Improving groundwater monitoring strategies based on groundwater monitoring network optimization. Paper to be presented at the TASK – The Centre of Competence for Soil, Groundwater and Site Revitalisation. Download poster. [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 641.17 KB]
- Thakur, J. K., Stollberg, R., Gossel, W., Weiß, H., & Wycisk, P. (2011). Optimizing Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring Network – Multiobjective approach: Geostatistical and Numerical Methods. Paper to be presented at the ModelCare 2011.
- Thakur, J.K., Stollberg, R., Gossel, W., Weiß, H., Wycisk, P., 2011b. Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring Optimization: Improving Performance and Reducing Costs Associated for a 3d Regionalization of Groundwater Contamination – A case study of Bitterfeld/Wolfen, East Germany, in: Labhasetwar, P. (Ed.), Sustainable Water Resource Management and Treatment Technology. NEERI, Nagpur, India, p. 20.
- Singh, S. K., Thakur, J. K., et al. (2010). Environmental Monitoring of Land cover/land use change in Shiwalik Hills, Rupnagar District of Punjab, India using Remote Sensing and Ancillary data. International Conference on Global Climate Change. West Bengal, India, Centre for Environmental Studies and Integrated Science Education and Research Centre, Siksha-Bhavana, Visva-Bharati central university.
- Thakur, J. K. and Singh, S. K. (2010). Eco-hydrological monitoring of wetlands in a semi-arid region using remote sensing, GIS, GPS and various data sets: a case study of Konya closed basin, Turkey IAH 2010. Krakow, Poland.
- Thakur, J. K., Ramanathan, A., et al. (2009). Arsenic Contamination of Ground Water in Nepal – An Overview. Managing water in a changing world” hosted by The Commission for Water Sustainability. C. Cassardo. Torino, Italy.
- Thakur, J. K. and Ramanathan, A. (2007). Arsenic Poisoning and its health impacts in Nepal. Searching Missing Links of Conservation and Management for Sustainable Development of the Environment. I. S. Thakur. New Delhi, India, School of Environmental Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Interviews in Newspaper and Radio
- Frequent Speaker for Environmental Issue at Radio Chhahari, broadcasting in Nepal and on the internet.
- HITAVADA, (2011). Developing on spot groundwater monitoring facilities for proper groundwater management. The Hitavada. National daily newspaper, Nagpur, India.
- Radio Mithila F.M. (2011), Drinking water and Health – public participation and responsibility, Radio Mithila 100.8 Mhz, 23rd January, 2011, Janakapur, Nepal.